The AA mirror APK stands for Android Auto Mirror Application. It is an application that enables you to use the Android Auto system as a sharing device for any type of video, no matter what form the video comes in.
Whether the video is streamed or transmitted via YouTube channels or saved directly on your smartphone, you can still share the video.
The AA mirror application cannot be downloaded from the official Google Play site because it is considered unsafe concerning the ban on converting the screen of your car into a video player. Therefore, the application is not authorized to be installed.
However, the AA-Phenotype Pacher application, combined with the AA mirror application can be used to unofficially install third-party applications on the vehicle’s Android Auto device.
The following steps are to be followed in order to proceed with the installation of the app:
- Ensure that the device has active root settings.
- Check within the device settings and enable the installation of applications from unknown sources.
- Download the AA mirror application file from the website
- After that, download the Phenotype Pacher application file
- If not already installed, install the Android Auto on the device.
- Install both the Phenotype Pacher and the AA Mirror on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Connect the device to Android Auto.
The first thing you need to do is to ensure that your device has both the root settings and the related active permissions.
What this means is that it is possible for you to have control of the same as a system administrator, in order to be able to perform all the operations that are typically almost impossible to standard users,
Because the APK file is located in the download folder, you are to open the folder and tap on the AA Mirror file.
Note that to carry on with the installation, it is important that the smartphone has been authorized to install applications from unknown sources or third parties.
These settings can also be changed by going to the security menu in the device setting; tap on Unknown Sources and allow the process of installing the application to continue.
However, due to the fact that you are acting directly from your smartphone and not from Google Play, you can choose to exclusively give these permissions for the procedure in progress.
It is pertinent that you carry out the following procedures on the device:
- Firstly, it is compulsory that you install Android Auto directly from Google Play if it is not already present.
- Then start Android Auto (but be careful that the smartphone or tablet is not connected to the car system).
- Once the application starts running, tap on the information icon. On the relevant screen, quickly tap ten times on the item information on Android Auto in order to enable the programming and development options.
- Once that is done, you are to choose the developer item and tap on Application Mode.
- Tap the Developer option again.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select the Unknown Sources item so that you can enable the connection with other applications.
- Once both applications have been downloaded, you should open the destination folder, tap on the AA mirror application files, and proceed with the installation.
- When that has been completed, open the AA Mirror, tap on the Screen Settings, and configure these items:
- ON for Overwrite screen brightness
- 255 for the screen brightness value
- Force for screen rotation
- 90 degree for rotation degree
- Full immersive for immersive mode
Set up Android Auto
After all the operations listed above have been done, you should start the Android Auto app, tap on the menu, and select Information. (Remember that the device should always be on and should always be disconnected from the car).
- It is necessary to enable the developer settings for Android Auto by also tapping ten times on the word Information for Android Auto, in order to complete the settings that allow the viewing of streaming movies.
- There are three vertical dots at the top left where you need to tap;
- At this very point, it is very necessary that you enable the following items, by placing a checkmark next to them:
- Disable ANR Monitoring (or Force Registration)
- Allow 1080p video output
- Unknown Origins
- Allow 720p video output
Connect the smartphone to the machine system
All the operations necessary for the correct functioning of the applications are immediately terminated once you save the Android Auto options on the phone.
- The next step is to connect the device via the USB cable to the system in the car.
- Once this has been done, tap on the icon in the initial screen of the car monitor that is positioned at the bottom right.
- A screen is then displayed with the list of applications that are enabled for use in the car, including AA Mirror Plus. By choosing it, it makes it possible for you to take advantage of all the applications that are installed on the device.
From now on, you will have the ability to view videos from YouTube, Netflix or Infinity movies, or streaming broadcasts.
However, you should be conscious of the various dangers that could arise when driving and watching movies on the monitor.
The AA Mirror APK is the most trusted third-party APK because it is owned by Android Police. But it is advised that you should only download applications from there when you are experiencing some difficulties with Google Play.
Frequently Asked Questions
Apk Mirror is actually a website that provides APK’s for android apps. If you experience difficulty when trying to download an app from Play Store, you can get the app from the APK Mirror’s website.
Mirror plus is an application that gives you the ability to design and share your best looks for decorative purposes. This application has so many functions. You can zoom, freeze, and save a photo.
To be able to auto mirror your android, you should go to “settings” on your android and find the “MirrorLink” option. For example, if you are using a Samsung phone; go to your phone settings, go to “connections”, click on” more connections”, and then click on “MirrorLink”.
Once that is done, you then turn on the “Connect to the car via USB” option to connect your device to your car successfully and with ease.
MirrorLink is a device standard that allows unification between a smartphone and a car’s broadcast system. It utilizes a set of well-established technologies such as IP, USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Real-Time Protocol (RTP), and Universal Plug and Play (UPnP).
MirrorLink download simply means the download of the MirrorLink APK. It offers uninterrupted connectivity between a smartphone and the car’s infotainment system. The phone is connected to the car with a cable that immediately gains access to the car’s navigation screen and dashboard/steering-wheel buttons.
APK is the acronym for the term “Android Package Kit”. This is a package file format that is used by the android operating system for the distribution and the installation of mobile applications.
You may need to download an application so that you can use MirrorLink but it all depends on the make of your phone. However, by simply plugging in your smartphone to your car’s USB port via a USB cable, the car’s infotainment system will automatically synchronize data from the phone.
When an application is installed from Google Play, there are no APK files left over. But if you are given the option to delete a pre-installed application, it is generally safe to delete it.
MirrorLink is not compatible with an iPhone for now.
To uninstall an APK, go to settings from your app drawer then select “Apps” or “Applications”. After that, scroll through the list till you find the application you want to discard then tap it. Select “uninstall”.
- More Videos on Setting up AA Mirror APK to achieve your goals – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAa8ylg0HgjL6BEUKRYNDPA
- Mirror screen on Android Auto – Disucssion – https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/android-auto-general/mirror-screen-android-auto-disucssion-t3734180/page22
- APKMirror 3.5 for Android – Download – Download APKMirror 3.5. Download any APK from APKMirror
- AA Mirroring Here! : AndroidAuto – Reddit – Mirrors your screen I’m guessing.. can someone compile the apk? level 1
- How to Mirror Phone to Car Screen – https://airmore.com/mirror-phone-to-car-screen.html
This post may contain affiliate links.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?