Whether you just started a small business online or have been in business for a while now, you need to apply for an AdSense account because Google AdSense is the most popular ad network today and also the best way to start
monetizing your traffic with display ads.
You don’t want to apply for an AdSense account only to be rejected in the end just because you didn’t follow the rules correctly or adhere to Google AdSense policies.
In this guide, we will show you how to apply for an AdSense account, step by step, and get accepted.
Table of Contents
Google AdSense Requirements
Google is very serious about the quality of their ad network that’s why they are very strict about the requirements, rules, and regulations which you must follow.
Here are the requirements you need to adhere to before signing up to AdSense.
- You need to have an active Gmail account that isn’t linked to an AdSense account
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have a website and the website needs to meet all of their terms of service.
- Your website should be at least three months old
- You should have at least thirty unique published articles
Read more about Google AdSense requirements here
Common reasons to get rejected by AdSense
Below are some reasons AdSense might reject you:
1. Not enough content or unacceptable site content
Google pays attention to the content of websites before accepting them. So, if you have poorly written content with lots of grammatical errors, Google will surely reject your website.
Make sure you write unique and grammar error-free content that provides value to readers and users of your website or blog.
2. Design of your website
Visitors find it difficult to understand poorly designed websites and if your site is poorly designed, AdSense might reject you.
4. Website that does not adhere to Google AdSense policies
If you have a website that drives traffic through illegal sources or w website with excessive keywords or poorly coded design, it will be rejected.
Things to do before applying for AdSense
1. Make sure you write high-quality content
What I mean by high-quality content is that your content should be unique and original, should have proper headings and bullet lists, it should be long, free from plagiarism, grammar, and spelling errors, and should be useful, engaging, and informative.
3. Create a Contact Us Page
By setting up a Contact Us page, you’ll give your readers the opportunity to speak up and tell you how they feel about your website. Setting up a Contact Us page will also let Google know that you care about your visitors/customers, and are ready to help them.
4. Create an About Us Page
Like I said earlier, you will need an About Us page to get approved easily by AdSense. This page plays an important role and talks more about you and your website thus, help to establish a relationship between you and your readers.
5. Have a good number of published posts
Before applying, make sure you have at least 20 good-quality posts of over 600 words. This will increase your chances of getting approved by AdSense.
6. Revamp your website design
Your website design should look clean and professional because it is the first thing people take note of when visiting your site for the first time. Your website design should be:
- Simple and professional
- Have proper menus
- Search engine friendly
- Easy to navigate
- Fast loading
7. Check your content type
Google AdSense doesn’t accept content like pirated content, hacking tutorials, pornography/adult materials, and any other illegal things.
8. Check for traffic sources
Google often penalizes websites that get traffic from illegal sources. So, ensure you get traffic from legal sources like search engines, social media, and related websites/blogs.
How does AdSense payment work?
Before AdSense can pay you, you need to earn at least $100. Also, bear in mind that Google follows a net 30 payment term. For example, If you earn ad revenue in September, your earnings will be sent to you the first week of November i.e. 30 days after the billable month is over.
How to apply for an AdSense account
Follow the steps below to apply for an AdSense account:
1. Start by navigating to the Google AdSense website here
2. Click on “To start” you will be directed to a page where you need to sign in to your Gmail account.
3. Next, enter your email address and password then Click on the “Save and Continue” button.
4. Now, you will be directed to a page that will provide you with some information. Tap “Sign Up” to sign up for your AdSense account.
5. Next, enter all your details including your website and email address
6. You will receive instructions that will help you connect your website to AdSense.
7. AdSense will then provide you with a snippet of code that you need to add to your website within the <head> <head> section. AdSense will also give you instructions on how to do so when you have a WordPress site.
8. Once you insert the code on your website, tap on the “submit” button.
Congratulations, you have successfully created your AdSense account. Now it is left for the AdSense team to review and approve it.
However, make sure to keep the snippet of code live on your website until AdSense responds. At times it takes up a few days or even weeks for the AdSense team to get back to you.
As you can see, it is very easy to apply for an AdSense account. Just follow the instructions above and you will be up and running with AdSense in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Google AdSense free?
Yes, you can join Google AdSense without paying a dime.
2. How long does it take for my AdSense account to be approved?
The time it takes varies. At times it can take up to 24-48 hours but generally, it can take up to 2-3 weeks.
3. How do I know if my AdSense account is approved?
To know if your account is approved, you can log in to your AdSense dashboard and if you see stats for ads running on your site, then know that your account has been approved.
4. Why Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is one of the leading ad networks in the world that helps publishers monetize their website traffic with display ads or ads from the AdSense ad network.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?