Have you been searching for an answer to the popular “Can you Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4” question? You don’t need to worry as this post will be highlighting the various ways you can connect your Bluetooth headphones to your PS4.
Whether you want to be immersed in the video game action or you are a late-night player that doesn’t want to wake everyone up, this post has got you covered.
A lot of video games are designed to be played with headphones, and if you want to play on a console, you’ll need to have a pair of Bluetooth headphones.
First, you need to check Sony’s list of PlayStation compatible headsets to know if your headset is officially compatible with your PS4.
If you haven’t bought a Bluetooth headset yet, and you want to easily pair it to your PS4, you should choose a pair of headphones from that list.
In this post, I’ll be answering the question “Can you connect Bluetooth headphones to ps4” by explaining 4 ways you can connect both supported and unsupported Bluetooth headphones to ps4.
Here’s the first way you can connect Bluetooth headphones to your PS4.
How to connect to the PS4 with the supported Bluetooth Headset
If your Bluetooth headset is officially supported by Sony, you can directly configure the PS4 settings to pair it.
LIST YOUR PRODUCTS & SELL MORE
You can now list your Products on the YAIOA Marketplace and sell to a global audience around the World.
HOW TO GET STARTED
Learn more here and Signup as a Vendor.
List your Products or Services on the Marketplace
Get Sales Notifications, contact Buyer, make timely Delivery and withdraw your Earnings
But, if you are not sure if the headset is supported by Sony, you can check the headset package to find out that information.
Here’s how to configure your PS4 settings to pair your Bluetooth headset;
- Turn your Bluetooth headset on in pair mode to connect.
- Then, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices.
- After that, pick the name of the headset you want to connect to.
If the pairing was successful, you can now play games with your Bluetooth headset.
But, if it fails, and you will get a message like Cannot connect to the Bluetooth device within the time limit, or Bluetooth audio devices are not supported by the PS4, you can also try other methods featured in this post.
Why Some Bluetooth Audio Devices are Not Supported by PS4?
After the launch of PS4, Sony announced that PS4 doesn’t support A2DP (including Bluetooth devices), or any audio streaming Bluetooth profile.
A2DP is an acronym for Advanced Audio Distribution Profile, which is stereo music sent wirelessly over Bluetooth.
Sony stopped supporting A2DP devices because it will be lagged around 100-200ms, and that would make things feel awkward when using those devices.
But there is a way you can still connect it to your PS4.
The next sections of the post will be highlighting the steps to connect your PS4 to unsupported Bluetooth headphones.
How to Connect the Bluetooth headset wired to the PS4
Here’s another solution to the question “Can you connect Bluetooth headphones to ps4”.
If your Bluetooth headset isn’t on the official list of PS4 compatible devices, you can still connect it to your PS4. You will just need an audio cable with a built-in microphone (which is included with most Bluetooth headsets).
These are the steps to follow, though not every headset is guaranteed to work with this method.
- Connect the Bluetooth headset and the PS4 controller with the aforementioned audio cable, then turn on your Bluetooth headset.
- After that, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices on your PS4.
- Then, choose the name of your headset.
- Once you have activated your headset, go back to the Devices menu and choose Audio Devices.
- Then, pick Output Device > Headset Connected to Controller. You will need to alter the volume on this menu as well, using Volume Control (Headphones).
- Finally, pick Output to Headphones and make sure you pick All Audio
Start a game and hope this method works for your Bluetooth device.
How to Connect the Bluetooth headset to the PS4 by Using a USB adapter
There are a lot of USB devices that you can use to connect Bluetooth devices to various things (including your PS4).
This method is a very simple way to connect your Bluetooth headset to your PS4. You just need a USB adapter.
You can choose any USB with a suitable price and top quality in well-known stores like Amazon, Walmart.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, insert the USB adapter into the PS4 USB slot.
- Turn on your Bluetooth headset.
- Then, go to PS4 Settings > Devices > Audio Devices.
- After that, go to Output Device, and select USB Headset.
- Then, click Volume Control, and alter it to medium or louder.
- Lastly, click Output to Headphones, and select All Audio.
Now try to play games with your newly connected Bluetooth headset to see if your headset works.
How to Connect the Bluetooth headset to the PS4 by Using a Dongle
Another way to connect your Bluetooth headset with your PS4 very quickly and easily is by using a Dongle.
All you need is a Dongle and a wireless microphone to receive the Bluetooth signal.
A lot of Dongle receivers come with a wireless microphone when you buy them, so you don’t need to buy these two tools separately.
Here’s how to connect your Bluetooth headset to your PS4 by using a Dongle;
- Plug the wireless mic into the PS4 controller.
- Then, plug in the Bluetooth Dongle into the PS4 USB slot.
- After that, press the button on the Dongle to turn it on.
- Then, turn your Bluetooth headset on and move closer to the dongle, and wait a few seconds for the two to connect.
- After they are connected, go to PS4 Settings > Devices > Audio Devices.
- Then, click Input Device, and pick Headset Connected to Controller.
- Click Output Devices, and pick USB Headset.
- After that, click Volume Control, and adjust it to medium or louder.
- Click Output to Headphones, and pick All Audio.
Now try to play games to see if your headset works.
Here’s a YouTube video on how to connect any Bluetooth device to your PS4 using a Dongle;
There you have it, comprehensive answers to the question Can you Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4.
Now, you have 4 different ways to connect both supported and unsupported Bluetooth headphones to your PS4.
Lastly, remember to check the Sony official supported device list to know if your Bluetooth headphone is supported.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, the PS4 doesn’t natively support AirPods. To connect your AirPods to your PS4, you’ll need a third-party Bluetooth adapter (probably a Dongle).
The best part about a Dongle is that once you get it, you can use it to connect any Bluetooth device (not just your AirPods).
The short answer to this question is that the Beats Solo3’s are a non-supported device on PS4.
PlayStation has a list of official headsets for the PS4 that will work perfectly well, and there are some other licensed third-party manufacturers out there as well.
However, Beats is not one of them. But, you should be able to pull it off with a third-party Bluetooth adapter (like a Dongle).
You can get the official list of PS4 supported devices in the PS4 manual, or you can check the Bluetooth device package to confirm if it is a supported device. But here are some of the most popular devices that are supported by PS4;
– Razer Kraken Tournament Edition
– Sony PlayStation 4 Platinum headset
– Razer Nari Ultimate
– EPOS | Sennheiser GSP 370
– Turtle Beach Stealth 700
– Razer Tetra
– Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2
– Corsair HS60 PRO
– Turtle Beach Recon 70P
– EPOS | Sennheiser GSP 300
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?