Online job board Chronicle Jobs offers higher education professionals job postings and career resources. It is a component of The Chronicle of Higher Education, a reputable source of news, commentary, and analysis about the higher education industry.
Chronicle Jobs provides job listings for a variety of higher education positions, including faculty, administrative, and staff positions. To find jobs that match their skills and experience, job seekers can search for positions by location, job type, institution type, and other factors.
In addition to job listings, Chronicle Jobs provides career resources to assist people in their job search, including salary information, articles with career advice, and a job seeker toolkit.
Employers can advertise job openings on Chronicle Jobs to reach a specific audience of higher education professionals. The job board provides a range of hiring alternatives, such as job postings, email alerts, and targeted promotions, to assist employers in finding the ideal applicant for their business.
As a platform for job opportunities and resources for career development, Chronicle Jobs is a useful tool for both employers and job seekers in the higher education sector.
Table of Contents
Chronicle Jobs Pricing
|Job Posting||Post one position for 60 days. includes access to a database of resumes.||$395|
|Enhanced Job Posting||Premium placement for job postings on the website and in email alerts. includes access to a database of resumes.||$595|
|Unlimited Job Posting||Post as many jobs as you want for 60 days. includes access to a database of resumes||$995|
|Premium Unlimited Posting||Job postings that are limitless and given priority placement on the website and in email alerts. includes access to a database of resumes.||Custom Pricing|
|Diversity & Inclusion Enhancement||Includes enhancements to job postings to attract and engage diverse candidates.||Add-on to any pricing option for $200 per posting|
For higher education professionals looking for job listings and career resources, Chronicle Jobs is generally regarded as a reliable source. Many job seekers and employers value concentrated attention on the higher education sector because it can assist both parties in locating pertinent employment opportunities and candidates.
Reviewers who are looking for work commend the thorough job postings, with many highlighting the variety of positions available, including faculty, administrative, and staff positions. Many people also value the career resources on the website, such as articles with career guidance and salary information, which can aid job seekers in their search.
Reviewers are appreciative of the hiring options available to employers, such as job postings and targeted advertising that can help them reach a specific group of higher education professionals. The resume database, which gives access to a pool of qualified candidates, is also valued by employers.
However, there might be some criticism or room for improvement, just like with any job board. The cost of job postings can be expensive, especially for smaller businesses or those with tight budgets, according to some reviewers. The resume database can also have limitations in some areas, particularly in certain fields or regions, as some reviewers have pointed out.
For higher education professionals looking for jobs and career advice, turn to Chronicle Jobs. Although it’s always a good idea to research and compare multiple job boards and recruitment options to find the best fit for individual needs, job seekers and employers may find value in the platform’s targeted focus on the industry and its comprehensive offerings.
Pros of Chronicle Jobs
- Targeted audience: Because Chronicle Jobs is created specifically for higher education professionals, job seekers, and employers can narrow down their search to a particular sector and identify suitable employment opportunities and candidates
- Complete job listings are available at Chronicle Jobs, including those for faculty, staff, and administrative positions in the higher education sector. Job seekers may have a variety of options to choose from as a result.
- Career resources: In addition to job listings, Chronicle Jobs also provides career resources that can aid job seekers in their search, such as articles with career advice, salary information, and a job seeker toolkit.
- Recruitment options: To find the best candidate for their organization, employers can choose from a range of recruitment options, such as job postings, email alerts, and targeted promotions.
- Resume database: To help them find the best candidate for their organization, employers have access to a resume database of qualified candidates.
- Reputation: The Chronicle of Higher Education, of which Chronicle Jobs is a part, is regarded as a reliable source of news, analysis, and commentary on the higher education sector, which may give job seekers and employers more confidence when using the website.
Cons of Chronicle Jobs
- High cost: Compared to other job boards, Chronicle Jobs may charge a higher price for job postings, which could be a drawback for organizations with smaller budgets.
- Limited resume database: Although the resume database can be a useful tool for employers, some reviewers have noted that it can have some limitations, especially in certain fields or regions.
- Some users might discover that Chronicle Jobs is lacking some of the more sophisticated features that other job boards provide, such as applicant tracking systems or sophisticated search tools.
- There aren’t as many job opportunities on Chronicle Jobs as there are on bigger, more general job boards, despite the fact that the platform does list a wide variety of jobs for higher education positions.
- Competition: Because Chronicle Jobs focuses specifically on higher education, there may be more competition for available positions, which could make it more difficult for job seekers to stand out from the crowd.
How to Post a Job Ad on Chronicle Jobs
Your job posting will be published on the Chronicle Jobs website once it has been accepted, where it will be seen by a specific audience of higher education professionals. After that, you can monitor the effectiveness of your job posting and make any necessary updates or edits to increase its visibility.
The general procedures for posting a job on Chronicle Jobs are as follows:
- Go to the “Employers” tab at the top of the page on the Chronicle Jobs website (chronicle.com/jobs).
- By clicking the “Post a Job” button and entering the necessary details, including your name, email address, and company information, you can create an account.
- Choose whether you want to create a single job posting, a package of job postings, or a featured job posting.
- Include the job title, location, duties, qualifications, and any other pertinent information when filling out the job description form.
- Examine your job posting and make any required changes.
- Enter your billing information after selecting your pricing plan.
- Post a job opening and wait for the Chronicle Jobs team to approve it.
Chronicle Jobs is a job board that specializes in the higher education sector, giving job seekers and employers a place to connect and find suitable employment opportunities or candidates. Along with career resources like articles on career advice, salary information, and a toolkit for job seekers, it provides a variety of job listings for positions in higher education, such as faculty, administrative, and staff positions.
To find the best fit for their organization, employers can choose from a range of recruitment options, such as job postings, email alerts, and targeted promotions. They can also access a resume database of qualified candidates.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Chronicle Jobs?
A specialized job board called Chronicle Jobs connects employers and job seekers in the U.S. and Canadian higher education industries. Additionally, the website provides resources, news, and insights related to careers.
What is the price range for ChroniJobs’ Job?
Depending on the type of job posting and the length of the posting, there are different price ranges for posting a job on Chronicle Jobs. The price for a single job posting varies from $225 to $425, according to the Chronicle Jobs website, depending on how long it is posted. For instance, a staff position’s 60-day job posting costs $325, while a faculty position’s 30-day posting costs $225.
A variety of job posting packages and add-ons are also available through Chronicle Jobs, which can help employers save money and increase their visibility. These packages may include extra features like social media promotion and can range in price from $975 for a package of five job postings to $3,990 for a package of fifty.
How do I create a Chronicle Jobs account?
- Visit the hiring page for Chronicle Jobs.
- When you click “Log In,” choose “Create An Account.”
- Complete the online form, then select “Create Account.”
How do I edit my job post on Chronicle Jobs?
Follow these steps to edit your job posting on Chronicle Jobs:
- Log in to your account by visiting the Chronicle Jobs website.
- Select “My Jobs” from the menu.
- Select the “Edit” button next to the job posting that you want to change.
- Make the required adjustments to the job posting.
- To save the changes, click the “Save” button.
Contact Chronicle Jobs customer support if you need help editing your job posting or if you have any other queries about the procedure.
What are some alternatives to Chronicle Jobs?
- Inside Higher Ed Careers.