Want to know how to delete people from Messenger? Looking for a way to delete unwanted contacts on Facebook Messenger? This post got you covered.
As we all know, Facebook Messenger app is used to talk to our friends on Facebook, however, it is very common to be approached by people you don’t even know and receive annoying messages from them.
In this post, we’ll be showing you how to delete a Messenger contact in your friend list, how to remove non-friend messenger contacts, how to stop automatic contacts sync on Messenger, how to bulk remove non-friends from Messenger, and how to remove someone from Messenger group chat.
Table of Contents
How to delete a friend on Messenger
You can delete friends added on Facebook and Messenger with just a few clicks. Here, I’ll show you two different ways of removing a friend from Messenger.
1. Open the Messenger App
2. View all the contacts in Messenger
3. Long press the contact you want to block
4. A pop-up screen will appear
5. On the pop-up screen, select “Block “
You can as well select “delete” to remove the contact and conversation history but the contact will still be friends with you on Messenger and can message you anytime.
1. Open Messenger
2. Click the “People icon” at the bottom middle
3. Tap the “contact icon” at the top beside the avatar with a plus sign
4. Now, you can see your contact list, press the “info icon” right to any contact you want to delete or remove.
5. Select the “message” button, after the chat opens, then click on the “info icon” at the top right corner.
6. Scroll down and select “Block”
7. Press the “block button” (round block minus icon) right to “Block on Messenger”.
8. After tapping on the “Block on Messenger” button, a pop-up screen will appear
9. Tap the “Block” button to confirm
That’s it, it’s very easy to delete Messenger contacts. Blocking is the only right solution to remove unwanted people on Messenger.
The blocking feature will get rid of unwanted contacts on your contact list and the contacts won’t be able to text you again unless you become friends again on Facebook.
How to delete a Non-Friend from Messenger Contacts
Follow the steps below to remove contacts that’s not in your friend list.
1. Open the Messenger App
2. Find those friends you want to remove by clicking on the “people icon” at the bottom middle, then “contact icon” at the top.
3. Select the “info icon” right to that friend
4. Tap “Remove Contact, then click “Remove” to confirm.
That’s exactly how to remove a non-friend from Messenger contacts. That person will never appear as active friend and will never send you messages or requests again.
How to bulk remove non-friends from Messenger contacts.
This step is optional and depends on what you want. If you are tired of receiving unknown messages, then the bulk remove option is for you.
1. Open the Messenger app
2. Tap the profile picture at the top left
3. Scroll down to see the “phone contacts” option, then tap it
4. Tap on “Manage Contacts”
5. All your non-friends list will appear, tap the “Delete All Contacts” button
6. All your non-friends from Messenger contacts will be deleted.
How to Stop Automatic Contacts Sync on Messenger
If you want to stop seeing unwanted people in your hidden inbox or message requests, or want to stop seeing strangers in the active list on Messenger, all you need do is to block the future automatic contacts syncing on Messenger.
Here’s how to do that:
1. Open your Facebook Messenger app
2. Tap on your profile picture at the top left
3. Scroll down and tap on the “people icon”
4. Next, tap on “Upload Contacts”
5. Lastly, tap the “TURN OFF” option at the bottom.
How to Unfriend Someone on Facebook Messenger
Unfriending someone on Messenger is very easy and simple. Alternatively, you can block the person which is also a type of unfriending. Note that this will permanently remove the friend from Messenger.
Follow the steps below to unfriend someone with ease.
1. Open your Messenger app
2. Find the person you want to unfriend
3. Click his/her profile picture and the chat will open
4. Tap the “info icon”
5. Tap the “Profile” button under his/her name
6. Press “VIEW PROFILE ON FACEBOOK” button
7. Select the “Friends icon” then click the “Unfriend” option
8. Click “Confirm” to permanently remove the friend from Messenger.
How to Remove Someone from Facebook Messenger Group Chat
Follow the steps below to remove someone from Messenger group chat
1. Open the Messenger app
2. Tap the names of the group chat participants that appears at the top of the conversation
3. Scroll down and tap the “Members”option
4. Click the profile picture of the person you want to remove from the group chat
5. Press the “Remove from Group Option” – This will automatically remove that person from the group.
Here is a video that clearly explains and show you how to remove someone from Facebook Messenger group chat.
That’s how to delete people from Messenger. If you find it difficult to delete a person, then, blocking the person the only solution. Blocking will automatically remove the person from your contact list.
I’m certain by now you have completely understood and know how to delete, block, and remove contacts from the Messenger app.
If you find this post helpful, please kindly share with others.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are blocked on Messenger, you will see a message in the chat box (where you just typed) that reads “This person isn’t available right now,” This message shows that you have been blocked from sending and receiving messages to that particular person.
When you block someone on Messenger, the person will no longer be able to contact you i.e send you messages, call you in Messenger or see your profile in Messenger. But If are in a group conversation with the person you blocked, you’ll still see his/her messages and he/she will be able to see yours in that conversation.
No. If you blocked someone on Facebook, you automatically blocked the person on Facebook Messenger and you won’t be able to send him a message.
Follow the step below to delete Facebook messages on both sides on Messenger:
1. Tap and hold the message.
2. Click “Remove.”
3. Then, Select “Remove for Everyone.”
4. Confirm removal of the message.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?