“How to put ads on my website” is one common question website owners and bloggers often ask. Putting ads on your website is a great way to make extra money without so much effort.
Whether you are just planning to get started on the internet or you are just on the lookout for new streams of revenue for your business, accepting ads of products or services from other companies is the right way to go.
You will need to start by making your site look attractive to potential companies that are looking for ad space and may want to advertise on your site.
You will need to have a niche target audience, a reasonable amount of traffic and a good position or location for the ad placement on your website.
If you don’t have these entirely in place, there are other easy and successful ways to go about putting ads on your website and cashing out of it. Some of these ways are:
Table of Contents
1. Creating a subscription for your ad space using the YAIOA Subscription Tool
YAIOA, an acronym for “Your All In One Account”, is a multipurpose tool that helps you to explore new possibilities and achieve more.
With YAIOA Subscriptions, You do not necessarily need to have tons of traffic on your website to be able to earn recurring revenue as long as your website is capable of pulling users from a search engine or social media.
YAIOA helps promote your site to thousands of advertisers and may even do direct pitching that will help you get more clients for your website.
As the name YAIOA Subscription implies, you will need to create a subscription for your Ad space. This could be daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, and so on.
The first step to getting this done is to register as a VENDOR on the YAIOA platform and then create a subscription where you put in the description and price of how much the subscription would go for.
Your description should be detailed. This is where you tell the prospective subscribers and advertisers why they should advertise on your site so it has to be really detailed and convincing.
The YAIOA software then automatically intercepts your ad space subscription with targeted visitors, advertisers, and publishers that come to the YAIOA platform seeking to buy ad space.
These clients then click on the “subscribe” button which takes them to where they can make payment for the ad space on your site.
Once payment has been made, you place the banner on your site, which starts running for the duration of time that was subscribed for.
Once the time elapses, the advertiser may choose whether or not to renew or another advertiser subscribes to that plan.
NOTE: Registration on the YAIOA platform is FREE. You can also create more than one subscription. The more subscriptions you have, the better.
2. Promoting an Affiliate Product on Your Website
Another way to get started with advertising on your website is to join the affiliate program of another company. Affiliate links allow you to earn money by promoting the products or services of another person.
A lot of e-retailers, e-shops, companies, and services offer affiliate marketing programs for people to join to promote their products to make money.
You earn a commission as an affiliate for every time someone you refer makes a purchase.
While affiliate links aren’t really Ads, you can decide to either publish a newsletter article about the product or service or post a banner on your website that links to the affiliate site.
There are different payout options for different affiliate programs. You will have to look out for deals best fit for you and your site.
This is because some affiliate companies might offer a commission of 10% for each sale while others might offer up to 50%. You can use the following directories to check for good affiliate programs:
A lot of internet advertising professionals generate all their income from signing up with multiple affiliate programs without even having a product of their own.
For beginners however, it is best to take time to check out different affiliate program options as signing up with multiple affiliate programs should not be your first strategy.
3. Using Targeted Advertising with Google AdSense
You can make money on your using Google AdSense program by placing targeted text ads generated by Google on your pages.
The ads appear with the words “Ads by Google” over the top in rectangular boxes running down the side or across the bottom of a web page. Every time a visitor clicks on one of the AdWords on your site, you earn money.
This is because Google AdSense uses the pay-per-click program called AdWords. For example, if your site sells a book on how to recognize authentic soccer cards, the ads that appear on your site might be for soccer card retailers.
If you are able to generate a lot of target traffic and your audience is interested in the advertised product, which implies having a generous new source of extra income.
NOTE: Google ads do not work for all sites so you need to be sure to test them when you add them else you stand the risk of losing credibility with your audience.
4. Approaching Companies Directly to ask if you can advertise for them.
You need to try looking for sites or companies that offer complementary products or services and target the same audience market as you if your site is already getting lots of traffic.
For example, if you run a wedding blog or website, you could approach a fashion designer to see if they would like to advertise their bridal wears on your website.
The ad on your website could also be seen as a recommendation or an endorsement of their product, and it could result to massive patronage from your audience.
You can then charge more when you see how successful your ads are. You should be sure to be professional when contacting potential internet advertising partners.
Instead of just sending e-mails, you should also call them on the phone so as to create a more personal and professional communication.
Also, be ready to supply them with as much necessary information as possible that will help in convincing them to place ads on your site. Know that the more information you give them, the more likely they’ll consider your offer.
More importantly, ensure that the company has a solid and sound reputation. This is because if the company’s reputation isn’t a good one, it could negatively reflect on your business.
5. Sign up for a Blog-Specific Ad Program
As a website or blog owner, you should consider signing up to feature blog-specific Ads on your website. It is paramount to put into consideration the kind of ads that will appeal to your target audience. Some nice ways to attract advertisers to your blog or website are:
- Signing up with Crisp Ads. They automatically generate ads for your blog that you can put up within minutes of meeting their requirements. The downside is that Crisp Ads is restricted to just blogs alone.
- Google AdSense. Similar to Crisp Ads, Google AdSense is a context-based program that will also automatically generate ads for your site that you can put up within minutes of being accepted into their platform.
- Amazon Associates. Customers can respond to your recommendations by placing Amazon Associates Ads on your site and featuring products that you have used personally or willing to endorse.
- Place a link in your blog that interested advertisers can use to contact you for rates and requirements. This link can carry a simple message saying something like “to advertise on this blog, click here”, or “for advertisement inquiries, click here”. It makes it easy for anyone visiting your site to discuss advertising opportunities with you.
- Sign up with BlogAds. This is an advertiser-publisher connection program that would get you listed in their publishers’ directory. With this type of Ad, you stand a greater chance of doing business with them if your website generates thousands of traffic daily. If not, they might not be interested in doing business with you because they have listings of thousands of blogs to choose the right people to promote their products.
I hope you find these tips on “how to put ads on my website” useful enough in putting ads on your website. Once you find the best website advertising strategy that works best.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?