Here, you will learn how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing. Snapchat is a popular and important photo-sharing app in our lives. We use Snapchat almost every day to record fun activities.
However, on the platform, you can’t screenshot someone else’s snap or message as Snapchat will immediately notify the person whose material you’ve captured.
This policy helps to protect user privacy but sometimes you may want to notify a user of your screenshots. You might even want to show a friend who’s not on Snapchat something from someone’s story or turn a nice GIF or meme response into your phone background.
In cases like this, there’s a way to take screenshots in Snapchat without notifying the person you are screenshotting. So, keep on reading to know more about how you can take screenshots of others’ snaps without letting them know.
Here’s how to do it:
Table of Contents
How to Screenshot on Snapchat Without them Knowing – Android and iOS
1. Record using another smartphone
The easiest way to screenshot on Snapchat is to use another smartphone to record a video of a Snapchat or take a picture of a Snapchat image.
By doing this, you can then edit the photo or the video and can finally keep a copy of other’s Snapchat stories and they won’t even know it.
2. Use the in-build screen recorder
Another way to screenshot a Snapchat story without them knowing is to use the in-build screen recorder.
Android 11 users will find the screen recorder in the Quick Setting panel
- Swipe down on the screen to access the notification panel
- Swipe again to get the Quick Setting panel
- Next, swipe right on the panel until you see the Screen Record icon
- Then, tap on it to get started.
For iPhone users, the in-built screen recorder feature can easily help you do that. All you need to do is to enable the feature from the Control center by tapping on the option. If the feature is not available in your Control center, you can add it by following the steps below;
- Go to Setting and look for the “Control Center” option
- Tap on it and select the “Customize Controls” option
- Next, add the screen recorder option
3. Use a screen recorder app
Another way you can take screenshots on Snapchat without them knowing is to download and install any screen recorder app for Android available on the Google Play Store and the App Store. By using a screen recorder app, you can easily record others’ snaps and save them on your phone.
4. Use Google Assistant
Another hack to secretly screenshot snaps on Snapchat is to use Google Assistant. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Snapchat and the snaps you want to save to your gallery
- Summon Google Assistant by either long-pressing the home button or with a simple ”OK Google”
- Ask Google Assistant to take a screenshot verbally or by typing and you’ll take a screenshot without anyone knowing about it.
However, there is one downside i.e. there’re no options to directly save the screenshot to your gallery but instead, you will be provided with an option to share it with other platforms.
You can send the screenshot to your mail or any other platform, and save it from there.
5. Use airplane mode
Using an airplane mode is easy and doesn’t require you to do a lot. Follow the steps below to achieve this:
- Open Snapchat to ensure all the snaps are loaded (but don’t view them)
- Turn of the mobile data, Wi-Fi, and even Bluetooth
- Next, enable the Airplane mode and make sure there’s no internet connectivity
- Open Snapchat again, open the loaded snaps, and take screenshots. You are done. Wait for like 30 seconds or more and turn on your internet connection. Save your screenshots.
6. Use third-party apps
There are different apps available for you to take screenshots of Snapchat Stories with ease. Third-party apps like SnapSaver for Android and Sneek-a-boo for iOS helps you do this.
For SnapSaver, you just need to download and install the app and open it.
- Next, select from the desired options (Screenshot, Screen Recording, Burst Screenshot, and Integrated) and go to Snapchat.
- Open the required snap that you want to save, tap on the SnapSaver camera icon that will appear on your screen, and a screenshot will be taken without notifying the person about it.
For this, you have to also download and install and log in with your Snapchat credentials. Once logged in, all the new Snapchat Stories will appear on the app and all you need to do is to take their screenshot when they play – no one will know when you do so.
7. Use the Mirror feature on Android
This is another way you can take a screenshot on Snapchat without anyone knowing, but it requires some work. You have to enable the screen mirroring feature on your phone’s setting and cast your phone on another screen such as a Smart TV.
Once the screen is mirrored, you can then, open Snapchat, and use another smartphone to record Snapchat video, or take pictures of Snapchat stories. After editing, you will now have someone else’s Snapchat Story and they won’t even know about it.
How to Screenshot on Snapchat Without Them Knowing – Mac
There’s a simple trick to take screenshots on Snapchat without them knowing. All you have to do is to enable the QuickTime Screen Capture to perform the task. To do this follow the steps below:
- Connect your iPhone to your MacBook
- Open the QuickTime Player app
- Tap on the file option and then select the “new movie recording” option
- Select any of the different recording options available and select your iPhone as the movie recording output that will help mirror your phone onto the Mac.
- Once the setup is done, hit the record button.
- Open Snapchat and you’ll be able to screenshot snaps without notification.
Summary – How to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing
We hope the hacks mentioned above will help you take screenshots on Snapchat without others knowing. Just be sure you do this purely for fun and is not intended to harm the privacy and security of any person.
Frequently Asked Questions
Snapchat informs its users when someone takes a screenshot of their snap. However, ther are different methods you can take a screenshot on Snapchat (Like the ones mentioned above) without others knowing.
It is not illegal to take screenshots on someone’s Snapchat Story. However, ensure to have a good reason behind taking a screenshot of someone’s Snapchat Story.
Yes, you can delete a snap after sending it. To do this, navigate to your snap or message and long-press the snap or message.
– A pop-up menu will appear, then, tap “Delete”
– Once you’ve confirmed, the Snap will disappear (although the other person will see that you’ve deleted something)
If the person hasn’t opened the Snap before you delete it, then you are safe. But if they’ve opened it and taken a screenshot, there’s no way you can get it back.