Did you recently sign up for Pluto TV and you don’t know how to go about the Pluto TV activate process? No worries as this post will be taking you through everything you need to know about Pluto TV.
This includes the sign-up procedures, activation procedures, channel & shows, internet speed requirement, and every other thing you need to know about Pluto TV.
Unlike most streaming services, Pluto TV is free and offers many TV shows and movies, organized into a reliable and logical system of channels.
You only need to go through the installation and the registration process to get your Pluto TV fully up and running.
Although, Pluto TV doesn’t require registration to enjoy all of its benefits, signing up allows you to customize your experience.
When you register and activate your Pluto TV, you can hide and unhide channels, choose favorite channels, set up your Android device as a remote, and personalize your experience.
Registration guarantees that your preferences are stored in your free account.
So, here’s everything you need to know about Pluto TV;
Table of Contents
LIST YOUR PRODUCTS & SELL MORE
You can now list your Products on the YAIOA Marketplace and sell to a global audience around the World.
HOW TO GET STARTED
Learn more here and Signup as a Vendor.
List your Products or Services on the Marketplace
Get Sales Notifications, contact Buyer, make timely Delivery and withdraw your Earnings
What is Pluto TV
Pluto TV is an “over-the-top” (OTT) service. This means that Pluto TV comes through the internet rather than on dedicated lines or over the air, like Netflix.
It is also an advertiser-supported video on demand service (AVOD).
This means it is in the same category as other streaming services like Tubi, Crackle, and the new Sling Free.
You can stream this service on the Pluto TV website or download the app on any supported devices.
Devices that Pluto TV Supports
Currently, Pluto TV is only available on these devices:
- iPad and iPhone: Download the app here.
- Android phones, tablets, and Android TV: You can download the official app from Google Play Store.
- 4th generation Apple TV devices: You can get the app on iTunes.
- Amazon Kindle & Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Fire TV Stick: You can download the official app here.
- Vizio, Samsung, and Sony Smart TVs: The app is already installed if available.
- Windows PC and Mac Computers: Download the app for your computer here.
- PlayStation 4: You can find the app here or through the PlayStation Store on the device.
- PlayStation 3: You can download the app here or via the PlayStation Store on the console.
- Xbox One: App is available here or via the Xbox Games Store on the game console.
- Google Chromecast
- Chrome Web App
- Roku Devices + Roku TV
How to Sign up for Pluto TV
Signing up for the platform is very easy. You just need to follow the steps below;
- Go to the Pluto TV website or use the app on your phone.
- After that, click on the Sign Up option.
- Then, fill out all the information required and click Sign Up – Free.
- After that, you’re all set to start enjoying free channels and shows!
Pluto TV Activate
Activating your Pluto TV allows you to pair it with supported devices. This means you can turn your phone into a remote control for Pluto TV.
Although activating your Pluto TV isn’t necessary, activating it allows you to personalize your experience.
To activate Pluto TV, just follow these steps:
- First, install the Pluto TV app on your streaming device.
- Then, go to channel 02 or visit their website.
- After that, click on the Activate button available on the Pluto TV guide
- Then, you will be asked to input your Pluto TV activate code.
- Enter the Pluto TV six-digit activation code and click the Activate button
- After you’ve followed all these procedures, your Pluto TV will get activated
For quick access, here are the activation links for Roku, Firestick, android tv, and Sony PS4.
- Roku TV: To activate Pluto TV on your Roku TV, click here.
- Amazon Firestick: To activate Pluto TV on your Amazon Firestick, click here.
- Sony PlayStation 4: To activate Pluto TV on your PS4, click here.
- Android TV: To activate Pluto TV on your Android TV, click here.
Here’s a YouTube video on how to activate Pluto TV:
What does Pluto TV activation do?
Activating your Pluto TV allows you to pair your smartphone as a remote. It also allows you to modify your channel lineup.
What is the Pluto activation code?
Before starting the activation process, you should note that it requires an activation code.
The activation code is a six-digit code you can easily get online while creating an account at www.plutotv.com/activate.
Do you need to activate Pluto TV?
Pluto TV is awesome because it’s free and offers various features. You should keep in mind that is not compulsory to activate your Pluto TV.
Some of the features this activation offers include using your smartphone as a remote and using it to add your favorites.
To unlock the other amazing features, you will need to activate your Pluto TV account.
Chromecast Pluto TV
Chromecast is an additional device you can use to connect your TV to your android, computer, and other devices.
So, if you want to watch Pluto TV on your TV, you will have to install the Pluto TV application on android, computer, or other devices
Then, you’ll need to cast it to your TV using Chromecast. There are two ways you can cast your Pluto TV to your Chromecast.
You can use the Pluto TV mobile app or use Chrome on your computer.
Chromecast from the Web
To cast Pluto TV through Chrome, follow these simple steps.
- Launch Chrome on your computer.
- After that, visit the Pluto TV website and log in if necessary.
- Then, click on the More icon at the top-right corner of the Chrome window.
- Select the Cast option from the menu.
- Lastly, select Chromecast.
- When it is successfully connected, an icon showing that it’s active will show up.
Chromecast from Mobile Devices
To cast Pluto TV through your mobile device, just follow these steps.
You should keep in mind that this guide works for both Android and iOS devices.
- Launch the Pluto TV app on your Android or iOS device.
- After that, go to the channel you wish to cast.
- Tap the Cast icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Then, choose Chromecast from the list of available casting devices.
- Toggle Closed Captions
How to Enable Closed Captions on Various Devices
This section of the post will be explaining how you can enable closed captions on various devices.
Here’s how to enable closed captions on various devices:
How to Enable Closed Captions on Android Devices
This guide is useful to Android phones and tablets.
- Open Settings.
- After that, tap Accessibility.
- Then, tap Captions.
- After that, tap the slider switch to toggle captions on.
- Open the Pluto TV.
- Then, tap the screen.
- After that, tap the CC icon.
- Lastly, select the language.
How to Enable Closed Captions on Amazon Devices
Here’s how to turn on captions on Amazon devices.
- Enable Fire TV’s accessibility settings.
- Go to the Captions section and activate it.
- Then, go to the Pluto TV app and press the Menu (center) button on your TV’s remote.
- After that, select the language to display for captions.
How to Enable Closed Captions on Roku TV
Here’s how to turn on closed captions on your Roku TV device.
- Open the Pluto TV app on your Roku device.
- Then, stream any show.
- After that, press the * (asterisk) button on the remote to launch the Options menu.
- Then, go to close captioning.
- Press the Right and Left arrows to select from the list of available captions.
Pluto TV Channels and Shows
The channels on Pluto TV are sectioned into featured, movies, entertainment, sports, kids, comedy, Latino, and tech + geek.
There are different versions of top cable networks like MTV, BET, VH1, TV Land, and AMC
But generally, you won’t find most of the Pluto TV channels in a standard cable or satellite package.
The News channels include CNN, NBC News, and CBS News.
Most times, they play curated, pre-recorded clips instead of a live stream of the network.
The Sports channels are the common ones like Fox Sports, PGA Tour, NFL Channel, and Major League Soccer.
Pluto TV doesn’t stream live sports, they only stream highlights, analysis, and games that have already been played
The TV shows that Pluto TV streams are mostly older sitcoms and reality shows.
Those shows are generally found on other free streaming services.
Some of those shows are Hell’s Kitchen, Roseanne, 21 Jump Street, American Chopper, 3rd Rock from the Sun, and The First 48.
Pluto TV Internet Speed Requirements
Pluto TV didn’t provide specific guidelines concerning the required internet speed.
In its help section, Pluto TV says that having a fast connection (faster than 5mb) is certainly important, but having a ‘stable’ connection can be just as important, so that super-fast Wi-Fi connection drops out for a 1/2 second and that will cause playback issues.
With this article on Pluto TV & Pluto TV activate, you now know everything there is to know about Pluto TV.
What is left now is to decide if Pluto TV is worth it and if it can replace the conventional cable TVs?
It’s actually worth it because it’s free and it allows you to personalize your experience. But it definitely can’t replace cable TV as cable TVs offer a wider range of channels & shows.
Unlike Pluto TV, Cable TV also airs live sport, news, and other live shows & events.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need another code? You don’t need to worry as Pluto TV has as many activation codes as you might need.
To get a new activation code, you just need to visit Channel 02 again.
After that, click the Activation button again to get the code.
Viola, you’ll get your activation code.
You can unpair your device when you no longer need to use it.
To unpair a device, just go to MyPluto > Activate > Select Device > Tap ‘X’.
Now, Pluto TV on your smartphone is no longer connected to another device.
Basic cable networks generate revenue from Ads while premium cable networks and streaming services generate theirs from subscription fees.
Although some streaming services like Hulu include ads in their lower-priced plans, Pluto TV only generates revenue from ads.
Yes, Pluto TV uses data.
You need a stable internet connection to watch channels & shows on Pluto TV.
Make sure you check the data usage specifications for the device you want to use since the data usage specification varies from device to device.
Unfortunately, Pluto TV doesn’t have a search feature. You cannot search for a channel or show in the channel guide
All you can do is browse through the channels & shows. Though, this is slightly inconvenient.
But, there is a third-party solution available called JustWatch.
This third-party solution has a section for Pluto TV where most of the site’s content is sectioned and searchable.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?