Here, you’ll learn what network settings do and how to reset network settings iPhone.
It is frustrating and annoying when your iPhone shows that it is connected to the internet, but data doesn’t flow. Your iPhone’s Wi-Fi and signal bars show a network connection but yet Safari won’t load sites, messaging apps won’t work, and email won’t send.
You may want to take your phone to the store for tech support but there’s no need for that as you can fix these problems yourself.
An effective option to solve network-related issues is by using the reset network settings to fix all these problems, and you can do that by simply resetting the network settings of your iPhone. This will clear all the network settings, current cellular network settings, saved Wi-Fi network settings, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN settings, and return your iPhone network settings to factory default.
Table of Contents
Tips to try before resetting network settings on your iPhone
Before you reset network settings on your iPhone, try the tips below when you experience a network connection problem with your phone. These tips are quicker than going through resetting your network and they often solve the problem.
1. Toggle Airplane Mode
- Go to Settings on your iPhone
- Toggle airplane mode to the right, if you can see green then it indicates airplane mode is on and Wi-Fi is off.
- Wait for one minute and then, toggle airplane mode to the left to turn it off and Wi-Fi on again.
- Check to see if your connections works
2. Power off, then power on your phone
If toggling airplane mode doesn’t work, then, turn your phone off and back on. To do this:
- Hold down the power button on your phone for a few seconds
- Move the slide to the “power off” slider to the right to power off your iPhone.
- Then, wait for your phone to power down before holding the power button for a few seconds again to turn your phone back on.
- Enter your passcode to sign in when your phone is on.
- Now, check to see if your connections work.
3. Forget and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network
If you still can’t connect, then remove and reconnect your Wi-Fi network. To do this:
- Go to settings and tap Wi-Fi to open Wi-Fi settings screen. You will see the name of the network your phone is currently connected to right beneath Wi-Fi as well as its on/off slider near the top of the screen.
- Tap the toggle button to the right
- Then tap “Forget this Network”
- Confirm by tapping “Forget”. Forgetting a network forces your phone to disconnect from the network and go back to the screen that shows the available wireless networks.
- Select the name of the network you want to join, enter the network password and click “Join”
Now, check to see if your connections work.
How to Reset Network Settings on iPhone
If network connection issues persist after following the tips above, follow the steps below to reset the network settings on your iPhone.
1. On your phone, tap the settings app
2. Tap General
3. Scroll down to find Reset and tap on it
4. A new window will appear, then tap Reset Networking Settings and if prompted, enter your passcode and confirm the action.
Your phone resets its network settings and then restarts. This can take a minute or two. When you want to use your phone again, enter your passcode. Your phone should automatically reconnect to your cellular provider and if it doesn’t auto-connect to your mobile network, then contact your carrier or Apple for support.
After resetting the network setting on your iPhone, you will need to rejoin Wi-Fi networks, and to do this, go to settings and tap Wi-Fi and then tap the name of the network you want to join, enter the password and then tap Join.
Note: If you use a VPN, you’ll need to obtain as well as follow instructions from your VPN provider to reconfigure its app and settings on your phone.
Certainly, by now you’ve learned how to reset network settings iPhone which doesn’t require you any techniques but four simple steps.
Just follow the steps above to reset network settings on your iPhone. It might take you a minute or two to complete the task. Then, your phone will reboot with default network settings.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?