Strength and conditioning jobs are one of the thriving job roles in the fitness industry.
You stand a chance of succeeding in this niche whether or not you have a degree in physical education or a fitness-related field.
But just in case you’re confused about what a strength and conditioning specialist does, let’s clear the air!
Strength and conditioning experts are usually mistaken for personal trainers. However, their roles and duties are completely different.
While a personal trainer drafts out personalized workout plans based on your strengths and weaknesses, a strength and conditioning expert guides and directs strength and conditioning training programs.
These are programs that aim at improving an athlete’s physical performance, speed, agility, power, muscle size, and endurance level.
These programs are also designed to help strengthen the cardiac muscles and improve good cholesterol levels in the blood.
Because of this, the program is also suitable for weight loss sessions and improving the general health conditions of elderly people.
Table of Contents
Strength and Conditioning Jobs Career Opportunities
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Athletic Director
- Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Fitness Instructor
- Sports Coach
- Performance Coach, etc
Some Strength and Conditioning Job Opportunities
Here’s a list of some available strength and conditioning jobs.
In the US
Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach – University of North Carolina (UNC-Chapel Hill)
- This position will work alongside the Director of Strength and Conditioning for Olympic Sports daily.
- Help full-time employees with day-to-day activities and general planning. Daily tasks may include but are not limited to, coaching/skills, record-keeping, filing, light housekeeping, and equipment set-up and breakdown. These activities will require physical labor involving the movement of items/equipment.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or have an equivalent combination of education and experience
Virtual Strength and Conditioning Coach – Par4Success
- Responsible for planning out a training strategy
- Motivate and influence clients to experience the amazing services we provide
- Successfully execute and implement training programs
- A bachelor’s degree in any field
- A minimum of one-year professional experience in coaching
- Applicant should be a problem-solver
- Leadership skills: The applicant should be able to coach, motivate and lead
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in strength and conditioning principles and have a general understanding of golf
- Must be passionate about coaching training
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach – The University of Alabama
- Responsible for the development and management of individual and group strength training programs
- Supervise the training, conditioning, and instructing of student-athletes
- Collect and collate data on student-athlete
- Analyze and interpret data from the data system to provide specialized and targeted training programs which will help in improving the performance of individual athletes
- Responsible for recruiting, training, conditioning, instructing, supervising, and coaching student-athletes to prepare them for intercollegiate competitions
- Assist with budgeting, scheduling, travel and hotel logistics, and booking practice courts
- Maintain equipment inventory and ordered as necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in the management of individual and group strength-training programs for men and/or women
- Applicants must be NSCA and/or CSCCa Certified.
Special Operations Strength and Conditioning Specialist (95th CA, Fort Bragg, NC) – KBR
- Develop and promote training materials as required by the Program Manager and/or Coordinator
- Work with sports medicine professionals to ensure a smooth transition of athletes from rehabilitation to performance-based activities.
- Work with mental performance and performance nutrition team to ensure a holistic approach to athletes’ well-being
- Regularly attend meetings to evaluate physical training programs, and make improvements where necessary
- Review information disseminated in meetings
- Advise the Program Manager and/or Coordinator on strength and conditioning, administrative matters, and purchasing of equipment
- Perform administrative duties like keeping records of utilization, workload, programs, and training sessions.
- Applicant must be a US citizen
- Applicants must possess Secret Clearance, Top, Secret Clearance, or the ability to obtain a clearance.
- A bachelor’s degree in accredited exercise science, health science or physical education-related discipline.
- A minimum of five (5) years of accumulated experience
- Strong written and oral communication in English
- Must be physically capable of demonstrating all prescribed exercises/techniques
- Must be physically capable of surviving in rough and extreme environments
- Must be able to lift and manipulate weights of up to 25kilogram.
- Must be NSCA, CSCS, SCCC, and/or CSCCa certified.
Strength and Conditioning Jobs in the UK
Sports Coach (Strength and Conditioning) – The Richard Huish Trust
- Deliver a teen-friendly training program aimed at improving team and player development
- Must possess outstanding communication skills
- Must have at least a level 2 coaching certification
- Must possess first aid certification
- Must be ready to embrace the educational and sporting spirit in the institution
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess certification in safeguarding and protecting children
- Must possess a DBS clearance
Fixed term contract
£16.80 – £25.00 per hour
- Pension benefits
- Onsite parking
- Wellness programs
Athletics Performance Coach – Brentford Football Club
- Primarily working with Brentford B Team and supporting the Team Head of B Team Athletic Performance
- Oversee the delivery of training programs aimed at strength and athletic development
- Work alongside Team Head of Team B Athletics Performance to ensure periodic performance testing is completed
- Be available for travel on specific tours all year round, and for work on match days
- MSc in sports science or strength conditioning
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess flexible working hours and a flexible attitude towards work
- Must have a UK driving license
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must be self-motivated and driven
£30,000 a year
Fitness Instructor – Nottingham Trent University
- Oversee new member inductions and fitness assessments
- Deliver strength and conditioning sessions to various sports clubs
- Assist with membership inquiries and enrolling of new club members
- Applicants must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and organized
- Must possess a recognized fitness instructing qualification
- Must have experience coordinating individual and group training sessions and working in a fitness environment
- Must be reliable
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must have great interpersonal skills and a flexible approach to work
£21,297 – £23,829 a year
Strength and Conditioning Jobs In Australia
Casual Strength and Conditioning Coach – Carey Baptist Grammar School
- Deliver strength and conditioning programs at Carey’s Co-curricular Sports Program across middle and senior schools
- Experience in planning and implementing strength and conditioning programs
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people including stakeholders, students, staff and parents
- NCAA qualification in Strength and Conditioning
Head Coach – Body Fit Training
- Teaching members safe and effective cardio exercises
- Guiding members in the use of our ultra-modern heart rate technology
- Actively recruiting new members into the studio while retaining already existing ones
- Must have a background and experience in strength and conditioning
- Must be patient and welcoming
- Must have effective communication skills
- Must have a great personality
- Must be passionate about fitness, health, and coaching
- Must possess good customer service skills
- Must have a minimum of Level III and IV Certificate in Fitness
Strength and Conditioning Coach/ Personal Trainer – Physique Transformations
- Designing unique exercise programs specifically targeted to meet clients’ workout goals
- Responsible for training clients working on personalized programs, in a semi-private setting
- Acting as a source of motivation and support to clients
- Delivering high-quality semi-private sessions
- Responsible for retaining already-existing clients
- Educating clients in diet and nutrition, and taking body fat measurements using skinfold calipers
- Must be well-versed in First Aid and CPR
- Must have Certificates III & IV in Fitness/Personal Training
- Must have Professional and Public Liability and Indemnity Insurance
- Must possess ASCA Strength & Conditioning Level 1 (or the view to obtaining in the next 6 months
Salary Range for Strength and Conditioning Jobs Role
The average salary of a strength and conditioning job ranges between $39, 475 and $58,453.
It is worth noting that the salary range of a strength and conditioning specialist largely depends on several things such as education, certifications, location, years of experience in your profession, and your additional skills. As a result, this value might vary greatly because of these factors.
Strength and Conditioning Jobs Employment Agencies
Aside from the regular job roles stated above, there are also employment opportunities available in recruitment agencies
- Love Recruitment Group