Let’s check out where to buy Christmas Cactus.
Christmas seasons are usually a beautiful season to behold. Almost no one can stand it when their Christmas decorations are not in place.
Everywhere is filled with Christmas lights, Christmas cactus, Christmas trees, bells, candy canes, stockings, as well as garlands.
It might be a bit difficult to get all these that is why we thought of coming up with a list of 30 of the Top Best places on where to buy Christmas cactus.
We won’t stop there as we will also enlighten you on how to grow, care for, and nurture the cactus to bloom.
In recent years, the Christmas cactus has grown in popularity, and as an alternative to the conventional Poinsettia, it’s easy to see why more of us are opting for a pricklier festive bloom.
The Christmas cactus, with its dangling branches and an abundance of little flowers in red, white, yellow, pink, and purple, is the ideal way to add a splash of color to any celebration.
And with just the proper amount of TLC, they bloom just in time for the holidays.
Table of Contents
What is a Christmas cactus?
The Christmas cactus is an epiphyte, a type of Brazilian coastal plant. Christmas cactus, like orchids, grow on top of other plants, trees, or rocks.
The two species are Schlumbergera truncate and Schlumbergera buckleyi.
Flowering lasts around two months, from late November to late January, with thousands of small buds forming on healthy, happy plants during the Christmas season.
Christmas cacti look fantastic in the home and are excellent Christmas gifts.
We’ll show you where to get Christmas cactus, how to plant and care for it, and how to make it bloom in this article.
So let’s get started…
Find out where to buy Christmas lights
Top Places on Where to buy a Christmas cactus?
Christmas cactus may be found in the most reputable garden centers and plant stores. Christmas cactus can also be purchased online. Here’s a sampling of what’s available:
Physical Stores to buy your Christmas Cactus
Etsy called Mirage of Eden
Esty called Mirage of Eden is where to buy Christmas cactus. It’s located in Miami, Florida, and the Mirage of Eden nursery is in California.
However, delivery was relatively speedy, taking only 7 days through USPS to our house.
Ojota Market: This is located in the western part of Nigeria called Lagos. It’s one of the biggest markets to get your desired Christmas Cactus.
Garden Fusion Enterprises
Located at 10, Adeline Lawal, off Mobalaji Johnson Ave.
Phone: 0906 000 6031
Located at Garden center • Lekki
Phone: 0818 583 0279
15 Best Places on Where to buy Christmas trees
The Home Depot
Located at Home improvement store • Brooklyn, NY, United States
Phone: 770-384-4646 (U.S.) 416-386-5847 (Canada)
Located at Ikeja, Nigeria
Located at Restaurant • 20/24 Ozumba Mbadiwe Ave, Lagos Nigeria
Meatlays Agricultural services
Located at Alagbado, Lagos Nigeria.
Phone: 0814 916 8205
This is another option for where to buy Christmas cactus.
Located at Warrington, PA, United States
Phone: +1 781-376-5500
Best Places on Where to buy Christmas decorations
Whitney’s Farm Market & Garden Center Cheshire
Located at MA, United States
Phone: +1 413-442-4749
Located at 8 Bayo Kuku Rd Lagos, Nigeria
Phone: 0909 140 8255
Barton Grange Garden Centre; Garden center
Located at Preston, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 1995 642900
Meadow View Growers: Garden center
Located at New Carlisle, OH, United States
Phone: +1 937-845-0093
Walmart Supercenter: Department store
Located at Dearborn, MI, United States
Phone: +1 774-314-3157
17 Best Home Decor In Australia & where To Buy Them
Florist, Concord, NH, United States
Phone: +1 603-229-0655
Flora Grubb Gardens
Located at Garden center, San Francisco, CA, United States
Phone: +1 415-626-7256
Blue Diamond Garden Centre
Located at Nottingham, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 1949 20055
Located at Alexandria NSW, Australia
Phone: +61 2 9336 2400
Located at 104 Funsho Williams Ave, Lagos Nigeria.
Phone: 0802 569 7479
Other places 0n where to buy a Christmas cactus are
- Find out 30 Places to buy Christmas lights
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we will give some answers to some questions about the Christmas cactus. Do well to take note.
How to Plant a Christmas Cactus in Your Environment
You’ll want to keep your new cactus in its pot after you get it home. Because they bloom better when “pot bound,” your Christmas cactus won’t need to be re-potted for a few years.
When replanting, use a pot that is only a smidgeon larger than the last one (maybe an inch or two more in diameter). Make sure the soil drains effectively and that the pot has drainage holes.
If your plant becomes too lanky or branches begin to fall off due to its inability to hold its own weight, trim it by cutting off a portion of stem where two stem segments meet.
You may make this component become a plant of its own! Place it in the soil, keep it moist, and keep the pot in bright light.
In a few weeks, it should start to grow roots.
Dip the base of the cutting in rooting hormone if you want to give it an extra boost, though it will usually do OK without it.
Where To Buy GPS Car Tracker – 50+ Places
How to Care for Christmas Cactus
We mentioned earlier that apart from where to buy Christmas cactus, We will also show how it can be cared for
Now, check these points out:
- Always feed your cacti with water every two to three weeks. However, only the top one-third of the soul can feel dry.
- Water when the top 2 inches of soil feel dry, for example, if the plant is in 6 inches of soil. (Check with your finger!)
- Make sure to soak the soil with water that runs in the pot when it’s dry. To ensure the water doesn’t waste, attach a tray underneath the pot.
- Remove any extra water from the tray after 10-15 minutes so that the pot does not sit in water.
- It’s especially vital to give the plant plenty of water while it’s flowering.
- Every two weeks, feed the flower with a balanced fertilizer to encourage blooming.
- During the spring season, prune plants to encourage the flowers. Simply cut a few portions off each stem, and the plant will branch out from the wound.
- If you desire, put the pieces in potting soil, after a few weeks your Christmas gift will look fantastic.
Where To Buy Visa Gift Cards – 60+ Best Places
How to Get Your Christmas Cactus to Bloom
In order for you to get your Christmas cactus to bloom, you must do the following:
- The lower temperatures and longer evenings of autumn bring out the blooms of Christmas cacti and their relatives. This is the general blooming schedule for the three main species of Christmas cacti:
- Thanksgiving cacti are the earliest and longest bloomers, with flowers appearing from late autumn through mid-winter.
- Early January until mid-winter is when Christmas cacti bloom.
- Late winter to mid-spring is when Easter cacti bloom.
- It’s possible that your cactus isn’t flowering because it’s getting too much sunshine or being exposed to too hot temperatures. Here are some pointers to help you get yours to bloom!
- For at least six weeks, nights must be at least 14 hours long and days must be between 8 and 10 hours.
- If you have powerful interior lighting that is turned on at night, you may need to cover your cactus or transfer it to a location where it can be exposed to natural light.
- Flower buds form best when the plant is kept between 50 and 60 degrees Fahrenheit (10 and 15 degrees Celsius).
- By exposing the plant to temperatures of around 45°F (7°C) for several nights in a row, you can jumpstart the budding process.
- Ensure that you water the plant on a regular basis when it is in bloom.
- Don’t worry if the cactus loses its buds throughout the winter; it will bloom the next year!
How often do you water a Christmas cactus?
It is advisable to water plants as watering plants is one of the most essential ways to keep a plant growing. You should also know that it is very right to water your Christmas cactus. See these points for how to go about it.
- When the top inch or two of the pot seems dry to the touch, water it. Christmas cacti, on the whole, demand less water in the fall and winter and more in the spring and summer.
- Soak the plant all the way down to the roots, but discard the saucer after the plant has drained. You don’t want your cactus to sit in water since root rot can occur.
- Is it true that Christmas cacti require a lot of sunlight?
- Even though they love the sun, make sure it’s indirect because direct sunlight might burn the leaves.
- Are animals poisoned by Christmas Cacti?
You don’t have to worry about introducing a dog or cat into the house if you already have one.
The plant is safe, according to PetMD, but it is difficult to digest, so if they chew a lot of it, your pet may get GI difficulties or vomiting.
Where to Buy a Dog – 25 Best Places to Buy Dogs
Related Resources to Christmas
- Find out where to buy Christmas lights
- 15 Best Places on Where to buy Christmas trees
- Best Places on Where to buy Christmas decorations
- 17 Best Home Decor In Australia & where To Buy Them
- Where To Buy GPS Car Tracker – 50+ Places
- Where To Buy Visa Gift Cards – 60+ Best Places
- Where to Buy a Dog – 25 Best Places to Buy Dogs
There you have it, Where to buy Christmas Cactus. You shouldn’t have a problem getting a Christmas Cactus because we have compiled a list of the top Best.
Also in this article, We hope you have learned how to plant a Christmas cactus, care for a Christmas cactus, as well as nurture a Christmas Cactus and make it bloom.
We hope this was helpful. Share your experience in the comment section and do well to share.
Have a good time, enjoy!