In this post, we will take a look at YouTube AdSense (YouTube’s advertising platform), how YouTube AdSense works, and how you can get started with it.
There’s no platform bigger than YouTube when it comes to online video. YouTube has two billion monthly users and it is a prime advertising spot for most businesses.
This post will put you through a lot on YouTube AdSense. Let’s get started without wasting time.
Table of Contents
What is YouTube AdSense?
You must have heard or seen various videos of how a YouTuber made lots amount of money from YouTube. There are different blog posts, forums, and videos on YouTube that talk about how to make money on YouTube.
Though there are many ways one can make money on YouTube, YouTube Ads are a good way of earning money on YouTube.
To start earning on YouTube, you need to turn on monetization features for your channel and it is important that you have a good amount of subscribers to your YouTube channel and viewers who often view your content.
You will also need an AdSense account to make money from YouTube ads, but we will throw more light on that later.
950+ Top Good Youtube Names– Amazing and eye-catchy
Requirements to turn on monetization features
If you want to make money with your YouTube account, you have to turn on monetization features and there are some requirements that your account needs to meet.
Best Blog Topics that Make the Most Money + Real Life Proof
Let’s see some of the minimum requirements for joining the YouTube partner program.
- You must follow all YouTube monetization policies
- You must stay in a country or region where YouTube partner program is supported
- You must have over 1000 subscribers
- You must have over 400 valid public watch hours within the first year
- Lastly, you must have linked your Google AdSense account.
What you need to know
There’re various ways to make money with the YouTube partner program and below are the features through which you can earn on YouTube, and the eligibility requirements.
1. Ad Revenue
You can earn advertising revenue from video, display, and overlay ads. This is the most common method of making money with a YouTube channel.
You must be 18 years and above or have a legal guardian to handle payments through AdSense. You also need to create content that meets YouTubeadvertiser-friendly content guidelines.
2. Channel memberships
Your channel members are your subscribers and they can make recurring monthly payments in exchange for some special perks you offer.
To qualify for this monetization option, you must be at least 18 years old and have over 10,000 subscribers.
3. Super chat and Super Stickers
Your subscribers can pay to their messages highlighted in chat streams but you have to be 18 years of age as well as live in a country or region where a super chat is available.
4. Merchandise Shelf
Your subscribers can also browse and buy official branded merch that you display on your watch pages. To be eligible, you have to be 18 years old and have over 10,000 subscribers.
5. YouTube Premium Revenue
You can make part of the fee that a YouTube premium subscriber pays when they watch your content. To be eligible, you have to create content viewed by a YouTube premium subscriber.
10 Effective Ways On How to Monetize a Blogger Blog
How to create an AdSense account for YouTube
To join the YouTube Partner Program, you must set up an approved AdSense account to make money and get paid by YouTube.
It is essential to know that you can only have one AdSense account under a payee name.
To create an AdSense account for YouTube, you can use your already existing AdSense account (if you have one) or create a new one (if you don’t have one).
You can also monetize different YouTube channels with the same AdSense account.
Note: When linking your YouTube channel to a new AdSense account, do not create the account via www.adsense.com as doing so will cause your account to be disapproved, and you won’t be able to monetize your YouTube channel.
Below are the steps to set up a new AdSense account for YouTube if you don’t have one;
1. Login to your YouTube account and navigate to Studio YouTube
2. Click “start” on the Signup Google AdSense card. (You need to enter your YouTube account password and re-authenticate).
3. Next, choose the Google account you want to use to login into AdSense. If you already have an account, you must log in with a Google account that is registered with the existing AdSense account.
4. The moment you sign in to AdSense, verify that the email at the top of the page is correct. If it is not then click “use a different account” to change to the correct account.
5. Next, follow the instructions displayed on the screen to set up a new AdSense account, provide your contact information where requested, and submit your AdSense application.
6. When you’re through, you will be redirected back to YouTube studio and a message will be shown to you that your AdSense application has been received.
7. Once your account has been approved, AdSense will send you an email. Note that this may take several days or even weeks to be approved.
8. Once your AdSense account is Live, you will see a green “Done” sign on the “Sign up for Google AdSense” card, although it may take up to 2 days for it to be fully active.
Strategies For Fixing Blog Advertising Rates
How much does YouTube Pay?
Even though you’ve heard so many stories of YouTubers making huge amounts of money from their channels, you also need to know exactly how much you get paid by YouTube.
The amount of money that YouTube pays depends on various factors including the number of views received by the video, the number of clicks on ads, the quality of the ads clicked on, and video length.
With AdSense, Google takes about 32 percent of the revenue. That means for every 100 advertising dollars, YouTube pays $68 to the publisher.
However, the exact rate that advertisers pay varies, usually, between $0.10- $0.30 per view. Averagely, however, advertisers can pay $0.18 per view – meaning that on average, a YouTube channel receives $18 per 1,000 ad views
which equals $3-$5 per 1000 video views.
The most important thing to note here is that the more views and subscribers you have on your channel, the more money you make from it via AdSense.
8 Easy Ways to Monetize Website
How to get paid on YouTube
When AdSense publishers’ earnings are above a certain threshold of at least $100, AdSense pays them. The most common way you can get paid is by bank deposit.
You need to fill in your bank account information and your earnings from Google AdSense to be paid into your account.
When you want to send payments to your account from a different currency, Google exchanges it to your local currency at the standard exchange rate and sends it to your bank account.
However, it is possible that markup will be added to the conversion rate, either by Google or your bank – meaning that you would lose some of your money when receiving payment from Google AdSense.
50+ Canadian Parenting Blogs You should follow.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is AdSense free for YouTube?
You can earn a lot of money if your website or YouTube AdSense is connected to an AdSense account. To create a Google AdSense account is free and you get that done, your website or YouTube channel is eligible for free Google Ads.
How much does AdSense pay per click on YouTube?
Google pays an AdSense revenue of 68% therefore, when an advertiser pays $100, The publisher is paid $68% by Google.
Advertiser’s payrate varies, Probably between $0.10 to $0.30 per view, although the average is $0.18 per view.
Therefore, The YouTube channel can get up to $18 per 1,000 ad views on average.
Practical Ways On How to Earn Money from Website Visits
How do you qualify for YouTube AdSense
You must reside in a region or country where the YouTube Partner Program is available.
Make sure that your channel does not have active Community Guidelines strikes.
You must have over 1000 subscribers.
You should have over 4,000 true public watch hours in the previous 12 months.
Can I monetize my YouTube channel without 1,000 subscribers?
To monetize your YouTube channel, you must have 1,000 subscribers and above and 4,000 watch time hours in the last 12 months.
- 950+ Top Good Youtube Names– Amazing and eye-catchy
- Best Blog Topics that Make the Most Money + Real Life Proof
- 1100+ Top Effective Podcast Names.
- 50+ Canadian Parenting Blogs You should follow.
- Practical Ways On How to Earn Money from Website Visits
- 8 Easy Ways to Monetize Website
- How To Put Ads On Your Website (8 Tips, And examples)
- Strategies For Fixing Blog Advertising Rates
- How to put ads on blogger without AdSense (5+ Ways)
- 10 Effective Ways On How to Monetize a Blogger Blog
YouTube AdSense is one of the most common ways you can make money with YouTube. All you need to do is to connect your YouTube channel to an existing AdSense account (if you have one) or create one if you don’t.
Once you’ve connected both accounts and are eligible, you start earning recurring revenue.
Have a wonderful time.