The business fight between Apple Inc. and Qualcomm might just take a new turn by next week. Apple has developed a new tricky strategy that might help in the reverse of its iPhone ban by the Chinese court.
In a statement to Reuters the company said it would be issuing a software update “early next week” which it believes will address “the minor functionality of the two patents at issue in the case.”
If an agreement is reached between Apple and the court, the software update might just rescue Apple devices (iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, and X.) from Chinese court ban.
See Also: iPhone xr May See a Price Reduction in Japan
Apple was fault to have infringed on two of Qualcomm’s patents in China, for resizing pictures and managing applications. However, according to Apple’s claim to CNBC, iOS 12 which is Apple’s most recent version software — does not infringe on those patents. If true, then issuing an update to force the affected iPhone models to update to iOS 12 could be enough to reverse the decision.
Apple has already filed a request for reconsideration in China over the ban. So what now? Next week shall tell…
- ZTE Nubia Red Magic Mars Specifications | The 10GB RAM Gaming Phone
- Microsoft's Xbox One Adaptive Controller is now Available
- Infinix Zero 6 vs Infinix Note 5: Which Should You Buy?
- Xiaomi Mi 9T vs Samsung Galaxy A70: Which is the Best to Buy?
- Infinix Hot S4 vs Tecno Camon 11 Pro: Which Should You Buy?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 in Europe, Purchase Now in Spain, Italy and Austria
- Why Apple Inc. Pulled 25,000 apps from its App Store in China
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 Review: A Phone That Worth Its Price
- Compare Nokia 3.1 Plus vs Nokia 6.1 Plus vs Nokia 5.1 Plus: Which Should You Buy?
- ITel A55 Price in Nigeria and Specs: The Best of iTel's A-series
- Comparison: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 vs Huawei Y7 Prime 2019
- List of Huawei Phones to Get Android Q Update
- OPPO RX17 Pro Specs | The Smartphone With Triple Camera & Dual Battery
- Huawei Honor 10 Lite | Specifications and Features
- Infinix Note 6 Specifications: " The Genius" is Here
- Tecno Pouvoir 3 Price in Nigeria and Specs: 5,000 mAh Battery King
- Huawei Y6 Prime 2019 Specifications: Huawei's First "Y" Series Device with Android Pie
- Tecno Spark 3 Pro Specifications: Tecno's First Device with Android Pie
- Tecno Camon 11 Price in Nigeria: Tecno Camon 11 discounted at Jumia
- How Much will iPhone XS Max Repair Cost You?
- Samsung Galaxy M20 Review / M10 | "M20 is Good, But M10 is a No-No" [Users Review]
- Week 4: Top 10 Trending Phones in Nigeria
- Most Valuable US Company: Microsoft Leads, Apple Dropped To Fourth
- OPPO A5s Price in Nigeria and Specs: 4G RAM, 64GB ROM and more
- Apple Releases iOS 12.1.2 Software Update to Fix eSim issues
- What are the differences between 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G in mobile communication?
- Polish Police Arrests Huawei Employee Over Spying Allegations
- ITel A33 Price in Nigeria and Specs : Cheap, quality and Trendy
- Tecno Spark Go Specifications: 4G LTE, 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM
- Infinix Hot 6x and Note 5 Comparison: The Best to Buy