Billionaire Marc Lasry, the co-founder, chairman and CEO of Avenue Capital Group, an investment firm with $9.6 billion in assets under management, weighed in on his bitcoin investment on CNBC Wednesday.
Marc Lasry revealed that he has invested around 1 percent of his personal fund in bitcoin, betting that the world’s largest cryptocurrency by market cap might soon be worth as much as $40,000 per coin at some point.
He further said, “You are hoping that as it gets more into the mainstream, and as more markets end up allowing it to trade where it’s freely tradable, to me that’s more the market bet … I think you will have something that ends up being somewhere at $20,000 to $40,000.”
According to the 2018 World’s Billionaires List released by Forbes, Marc Lasry has an estimated $1.7 billion in his personal fortune.
Marc said, “I like bitcoin because it’s the one that where everybody is going to come to,” adding that the price of bitcoin will rise if the average Americans can get access to bitcoin.
What do you think of Marc Lasry comment, do you see bitcoin crossing above the $20,000 mark ever again?
- Crypto Trading Security: Cryptocurrency Trading Community Overcomes Security Concerns
- See Why Companies/Industries Should Consider Using Crypto To Pay Workers Salaries
- You Can Now Buy Bitcoin, ETH, Litecoin Using The Skrill Wallet
- Ripple to Sponsor Blockchain Research in Universities with $50 million
- Is The Use Of Bitcoin Legal?| Cryptocurrency Confusion
- Belgian Government Launches Anti-Crypto Website
- See Reasons Why Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency Need Local Currency To Survive
- Photos: See How Much Money Was Made By These Investors Of Bitclub Advantage In A Month
- Is ICOs Gradually Dying Out?
- You Can Now Trade BTC, ETH, LTC On Yahoo Finance iOS App
- Chinese Crypto Ranking: EOS #1, ETH 2nd, Bitcoin Ranked 10th (full List)
- Is Bitcoin a Ponzi Scheme? Check out these Similarities and Differences
- Question People Ask: How Did Bitcoin Become This Expensive?
- Facebook lifts some Ban, Now accepts some Crypto Ads
- Cryptocurrency Forecast | Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum Price Increases
- BTCC To Trade in Bitcoin, Litecoin, ETH, Bitcoin Cash on his 'Relaunch' in June
- Chinese Government Ranked EOS #1, ETH 2nd and BTC 16th [Full List]
- Best Online Trading: Check Out The List Of Best Trading Platforms
- China, Vietnam, South Korea Which Country Is Next To Set Up Rules For Bitcoin and Crypto Use
- Bitcoin Trade: Legit Ways You Can Successfully Trade Bitcoin
- How To Earn Free Bitcoin Daily Using The Free Bitcoin Maker App
- New Bill in Ukraine requires 5% Tax on Cryptocurrency incomes
- India: Crypto Exchange Zebpay Stops Trading
- Four (4) Legit Easy Ways To Earn Free Bitcoin (BTC) With Your PC 100%
- You Can Now Buy Samsung Products and Pay With Cryptocurrencies
- Telecom Company AT&T Sued for helping Cryptocurrency Theft
- Top 10 cryptocurrencies based on their Github activity
- Why It Is Hard For Most Government To Accept Bitcoin and Other Crypto
- Best Bitcoin Investment Website For The Year 2019
- Crypto Investors: Cryptocurrency Market Price Expectations are High