Tecno Phantom 9 vs Samsung Galaxy A70: Tecno Phantom 9 is the company’s latest flagship device that comes with amazing features. The device saw a major improvement over its predecessor phantom 8. While Samsung Galaxy A70 on the other hand, is that high mid-range smartphone that comes with flagship specifications.
Thus, in this article, let’s take a deeper look at Tecno Phantom 9 vs Samsung Galaxy A70 comparison and see which one you should buy.
Table of Contents
Tecno Phantom 9 vs Samsung Galaxy A70: Specs Comparison
TECNO PHANTOM 9: 6.4″-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, with a resolution 1080 x 2340.
SAMSUNG GALAXY A70: 6.7″-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, with a resolution 1080 x 2400.
• Top 10 Trending Phones of Week 28 2019 in Nigeria
• Infinix Note 6 vs Infinix Note 5 Stylus: Should You Upgrade?
• Watch: Xiaomi Mi 9T (Redmi K20) Unboxing Video is now up
• Now in Stores: Samsung Galaxy A80 is Now Available for Purchase in Nigeria
CHIPSET & PROCESSOR
TECNO PHANTOM 9: Mediatek Helio P35 SoC, Octa-core 2.35 GHz
SAMSUNG GALAXY A70: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm), Octa-core 2.0 GHz
TECNO PHANTOM 9: 6GB RAM + 128 GB ROM (microSD space available)
SAMSUNG GALAXY A70: 6GB RAM + 128 GB ROM (SD Card space is available)
TECNO PHANTOM 9: Android 9.0 (Pie); HiOS 5.0
SAMSUNG GALAXY A70: Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
TECNO PHANTOM 9: 16+2+8MP triple rear and 32MP selfie camera
SAMSUNG GALAXY A70: 32+8+5MP triple rear and 32MP selfie camera
TECNO PHANTOM 9: Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery (fast charging 10W)
SAMSUNG GALAXY A70: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery (fast charging 25W)
TECNO PHANTOM 9:
– Under-display fingerprint
– Dual SIM
– 3.5 mm jack
– Bluetooth 5.0
– 4G supported (Supports Glo 4G)
SAMSUNG GALAXY A70:
– Under-display fingerprint
– Dual SIM
– 3.5 mm jack
– Bluetooth 5.2
– 4G supported (doesn’t support Glo 4G)
Samsung Galaxy A70 has a plastic body with radiating colors that changes from different angles. It’s not the best design have seen though, it’s just an average body type.
However, Tecno Phantom 9 has the beauty you’ve been looking for in terms of design. Although it’s made of a plastic, but you will easily fall in love with it on a first glance due to its beautiful aurora color.
Both smartphones have the under-disply fingerprint.
• Dimensions: Tecno Phantom 9 – 158.52* 75.3* 7.85mm vs Samsung Galaxy A70– 164.3 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm
• Weight: Tecno Phantom 9 – 164g vs Samsung Galaxy A70 – 183g
The Samsung Galaxy A70 is taller in height and bigger in screen but Tecno Phantom 9 is more sleeker and light weighted.
• Comparison: Tecno Phantom 9 vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
• Watch: Tecno Phantom 9 Review Video is now up
• Tecno Phantom 9 vs Tecno Camon 11 Pro: Which Should You Buy?
• Tecno Phantom 9 vs Infinix Note 6: Which Should You Buy?
Both smartphones have an Amoled dewdrop notch display. However Galaxy A70 is 6.7″-inch, while Tecno Phantom 9 is 6.4″-inch display. Both smartphones are protected by corning gorilla glass 3.
Amoled panels are the best in the industry. Because devices using the OLED panel usually have the brightest and most color-accurate screens with as little color shift as possible. So it’s a tie here since both smartphones have the Amoled touchscreen.
Hardware & Software
Both smartphones runs out of the box on Android 9.0 pie. With Tecno Phantom 9 being powered by the weak Mediatek Helio P35 chipset, while Samsung Galaxy A70 is powered by Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 chip.
Moreover, Samsung Galaxy A70 is most likely to get an upgrade to Android Q by the end of this year. While Tecno Phantom 9 may never get an upgrade based on its history.
However as far as memory is concerned, keep in mind that both smartphones have 6GB RAM + 128 GB internal storage, but the Phantom 9 can only used 256GB SD card. While Samsung A70 can use up-to 1TB.
On this category, Samsung Galaxy A70 is far uplifted over the Tecno Phantom 9. Athouth both smartphones have tri-lens rear cameras, however the Galaxy A70 perfoms better at night than the Phantom 9. Below is a breakdown of how the cameras are below.
Tecno Phantom 9:
• 16MP as the main camera
• 8MP ultra -wide lens
• 2MP depth sensor
Samsung Galaxy A70:
• 32MP as the main camera
• 8MP ultra-wide
• 5MP depth sensor
However the Tecno Phantom 9 has a 32MP selfie camera with two flash lights placed at the top edges. While Samsung Galaxy A70 also has 32MP selfie camera and uses screen flashlight for night pictures.
On this category, Samsung Galaxy A70 leads. Practically, if you are looking for a strong battery life smartphone to buy this 2019, Samsung Galaxy A70 is one of the best. The 4500mAh capacity is not hyped but real.
However the Tecno phantom 9 with its 3500 mAh battery isn’t that bad, but you still can’t compare it to that of the Galaxy A70.
• How to Swap Phone in Carlcare: Procedures and Conditions
• Gionee M7 Lite Price in Nigeria and Specs
• Infinix Note 6 Price in Nigeria and Specs: Ultra-wide Cam, 4GB RAM, and more
• 5 Best Battery Life Phone in Nigeria – July 2019
Samsung Galaxy A70 is a high mid-range device and therefore it’s more expensive than the Phantom 9. However, if you have the cash to purchase it, it’s definitely worth every penny.
While on the other hand, the Phantom 9 is the best phone Tecno has ever produced. Thus, if you can’t afford the Samsung Galaxy A70 because of its high cost, Tecno Phantom 9 is a good alternative. Below is our quick summary between the Tecno Phantom 9 and Samsung Galaxy A70:
• Design: Tecno Phantom 9
• Display: Both
• Battery: Samsung Galaxy A70
• Camera: Samsung Galaxy A70
• Hardware : Samsung Galaxy A70
• Memory : Both
• Software : Samsung Galaxy A70 will most likely upgrade to Android 10 Q in the nearest future but Tecno Phantom 9 won’t.