You might or might not be new to the word Current Account. In fact it is like the twin brother of Savings Account. You can hardly mention Current Account without Savings Account and Vice Versa. But have you heard of the FCMB Classic Current Account?
Along with its numerous Savings Account, FCMB is also offering lots of Current Accounts. Among the available Current Accounts is the FCMB Classic Current Account. What is this Current Account offered by FCMB all about, how can you get it and what are the requirements to open this Current Account. All the above details will be provided in this article, just read on.
- Read Also: Features And Benefits Of The FCMB Salary Savings Account
- Save More And Earn More With The FCMB Flexx Savings Account
- Make More Money With The FCMB Premium Savings Account
- Save Money With Style Using The FCMB Classic Savings Account
- All You Should Know About The FCMB Kids Savings Account
Table of Contents
What Is FCMB Classic Current Account
The Classic Current Account from FCMB is an individual based type of current account. What we mean is that it is meant for individuals and not for corporate bodies. Just like the name “CLASSIC” it is meant to stay for a long time serving individual needs.
This means that anyone who meets the legal requirements, can apply for this type of Current Account from FCMB. Surprisingly it is relatively easy to open and maintain. Getting a Current Account could not be easier.
Features and Benefits Of The FCMB Classic Current Account
There are some features and benefits attached with the Classic Current Account and we have listed and explain some below.
- Account opening balance of 5,000, with No minimum operating balance(this means that you can withdraw your money even to the last Kobo).
- Debit card (Mastercard, Visa or Verve) gives you access to over 9,000 ATMs nationwide(Have access to varieties of Debit Cards).
- Bank your way with Mobile Banking, Internet Banking and in branch
- Automated bill payments via standing orders(This means that you can pay bills automatically by automating the process.You don’t have to visit the bank every time).
- Email and SMS alerts(Notification of debit and credit transactions as they occur in your Classic Current Account).
- Free monthly E-Statements (paper statements available on request). E-Statements means “Electronic Statement” usually sent to you via your registered email mostly in PDF formats.
Who is the FCMB Classic Current Account targeted at?
- Individuals above the age of 18 can apply.
- Persons with private business(note that it can’t be used as a business current account)
What do I require to open a Classic Current Account?
- Minimum age is 18 years(You must be at the least 18 years of age)
- Account opening balance of 5,000, with no minimum operating balance(you need N5,000 and above to open this Current Account type).
- Two (2) satisfactory references for new customers(For persons who don’t already have an account with FCMB,they need two people as references).
- Proof of identification such as International Passport, Driver’s License, National ID Card or Voters Card
- A copy of a receipt from any public utilities or private telephone operator, dated no later than three (3) months
- One (1) passport photograph of each authorized signatory
- For non-Nigerian applicants, a copy of Resident or Work Permit.
Quick Note: The International passport or Driver’s License or National ID card or Voters Card, or Resident Permit (for immigrants) are all means of verification. While the utility bill is a means of home address verification.
- Read Also: How To Make Money From Nigeria Banks With Ease
- The Future Is Safe With Access Bank Premiere Savings Account
- How To Easily Open A Zenith Bank Account From Home
- Save, Earn And Enjoy With FirstBank Xplore First Savings Account
- Internet Banking What It Means And Its Benefits
How to open the FCMB Classic Current Account?
As at the time of writing this article, FCMB does not have an online platform to open a current account. This means that unlike FCMB Savings Account, you can’t open the current account online.
You have to visit any FCMB branch nearest to you, request, fill and Submit the Classic Current Account Application form. Please take note of the requirements above.
One can think of multiple reasons to open a current account. And should you decide to get a current account then consider the Classic Current Account from FCMB. There are major differences between Savings Account and Current Accounts. Somehow Current Accounts are considered for working class persons.
The FCMB Classic Current Account is a good way to taste and see if you can manage a Current Account. There are more FCMB Current Accounts and we’ll discuss these in our subsequent articles. Please use the Share button below to share our posts on Facebook and Twitter.