The FirstBank of Nigeria understands that teenagers needs to learn how to save. This is the reason they introduced the FirstBank MeFirst Savings Account. This savings account is targeted at teens between the age of 13-17.
MeFirst Savings Account helps teenagers embrace the culture of financial responsibility from a young age, while also keeping them positively engaged and entertained. Teenagers between ages of 13 – 17 learn all about money in fun ways as benefits enjoyed for opening this account.
Learning and understanding how to save and spend money is very vital as our children grow up. The terms of service associated with the MeFirst Account makes it suitable for teens to save and earn more.
- Read Also: How To Apply For The FirstBank Joint Mortgage
- How To Apply For The FirstBank Personal Home Loan(Mortgage)
- How To Register For Firstbank FirstGem Business Women Empowerment
- Firstbank Personal Loan: How To Apply And Its Benefits
Table of Contents
Features and Benefits Of The FirstBank MeFirst Savings Account
- MeFirst Account is opened in the child’s name but operated by the parent/guardian.
- Requires a minimum Account opening/operating balance is N1,000.
- Automatic transition to XploreFirst Account when the teenager attains the age of 18 years.
- Available Pre-paid card for the child (in 5 design options) on which parents/ guardians can load weekly/monthly allowances.
- Cheques & Dividend warrants lodgement into the account.
Requirements To Open The FirstBank MeFirst Savings Account
- Duly completed Application Form.
- Valid means of identification (Drivers License, National ID Card or International Passport).
- Birth Certificate(that of the child/children).
- Valid proof of address of residency e.g. current Utility Bill not exceeding 3 months.
- Two passport size photographs of the applicant(s).
- Read Also: FirstBank FirstSavings Plus: A Savings Account With Current Account Features
- FirstBank Savings Account: Save Towards The Rainy Days
- FirstBank KidFirst Account: Better Way To Plan The Future Of Your Child
- All You Should Know About The Domiciliary Account
Who Can Apply
Parents can apply for their children between ages 13-17.
How To Open FirstBank MeFirst Savings Account
- Download the Individual Account Opening Form.
- Complete the form and with the accompanying documents, submit at the nearest FirstBank branch.
- You can also call FirstBank hotline for quick MeFirst Account opening +234 700 FIRSTCONTACT (+234 700 34778 2668228) or +234 708 062 5000 or +234 1 448 5500.
There is still the option of opening a FirstBank Savings Account Online. Its easier, relatively fast and secure from the comfort of your home.
Nigeria Banks are taking Teens into consideration and the FirstBank MeFirst Savings Account is one good proof. You can open a free MeFirst Account today and watch your child develop saving and spending skills as he/she grows older.