Everyone would like to have a FirstBank account number. Not only because they are the oldest bank in Nigeria but also because they are also one of the best. Over the years, FirstBank of Nigeria have proven to be an exceptional bank with good customer service and internet/online presence.
In this article we’ll try to show you a step by step guide on how you can create your own FirstBank account within few minutes. In fact you can do this from anywhere even from your bathroom. So sit back, relax and read on.
Table of Contents
Requirement To Creating A FirstBank Account
- A Scanned copy of 1 passport photograph.
- Scanned signature.
- Your BVN(if you have)
- An electronic device that can access the web(computer or good mobile device).
- Data to surf the internet and access websites.
- Good internet connection.
- Battery of your phone should be at the least 20% or plugged in any electrical outlet.
How To Open A FirstBank Account
The steps below should guide you to create a bank account with FirstBank of Nigeria from the comfort of your home. There are three ways to open your account with FirstBank.
The first is by downloading the Application form, filling it and submitting it at any FirstBank branch nearest to you. Second is through the use of FirstBank USSD code CLICK HERE to see all USSD banking codes for Nigerian Banks. And lastly through the web and this is what we are about showing you.
1. CLICK HERE to visit the official FirstBank portal to creating new bank accounts
2. The first page is the Terms & conditions page. Here you have to click the “Agree” button to continue. Note that by clicking the “Agree” button, it means you accept the FirstBank Terms & Conditions associated with creating a bank account with FirstBank. Please See picture below
3. Next page is the BVN page(Biometric Verification Number page). Here you type in your BVN to proceed.But if you don’t have BVN then just click the “Register Without BVN” button. See picture below
Note that using your BVN will make it easier for you to open the account. It will prefill some of your details. But without BVN you have to type those information manually.
Read Also: All You Should Know About The Firstbank Automobile Loan
4. If you registered with BVN then FirstBank will prompt you to accept an OTP(One time password) sent to the number linked from your BVN details. First you click the “Generate OTP“button, then type in the OTP sent to your phone from FirstBank and click the “Proceed” button. See picture below
Note: Step 4 is only available for those who registered with their BVN. If you registered without BVN you won’t see step 4 please proceed to step 5 below.
5. This is the step where you are expected to type in your personal details. If you used your BVN when registering above then your details will be prefilled. But if you registered without BVN then you have to provide those details. See picture below
6. Step 6 is the validation stage. Here FirstBank ask you to provide any missing information about yourself. See picture below
7. Here you upload your passport photograph and your scanned signature. Note that your passport must show your face else it won’t be accepted by FirstBank. See picture below
8. Summary of all you have been doing. Here you can make edit and correct any error before you finally submit your application. Now its done, your account number will be sent to you via the phone number or email you used during registration.
Its that easy to create a FirstBank Account number. You don’t have to be in long queue or speak big English to a customer care agent. Please share our post on Facebook and Twitter using the share button below.