Juventus football club is launching a crypto token that it believes will increase fan numbers by allowing them to “be heard.” Juventus football club is one of the most popular soccer clubs in the world.
According to Press on Monday, the Italian football club is teaming up with Socios.com to launch the “Juventus Official Fan Token.” And the token will first be distributed via a “Fan Token Offering (FTO).”
Juventus has one of the largest global fan bases of any soccer club in the World, and with a huge social media presence, the team says it intends the Fan Token to expand that audience even further, and allow supporters outside Europe to have a more direct experience.
The Italian Club says, the token, which will be tradeable on the Socios platform, will allow the fans to vote over an upcoming mobile app. With the platform, fans can respond to Juventus ballots, allowing supporters’ “voice to be heard, and creating an emotional connection between the Club and its fans.”
Most likely, the Fan Token Offering is going to be an ICO, though the release didn’t indicate exactly how it would be structured or how much it is intended to raise – is slated for launch in Q1 2019.
Giorgio Ricci, Juventus’ co-chief revenue officer, head of global partnerships and corporate revenues, said:
“At the club we are always very careful and pro-active towards innovation and new technologies. Together with Socios.com, we believe we can offer new opportunities to our worldwide fan base to engage in cutting-edge way with their favorite club.”
Juventus might just be the new club that has turned to blockchain tech to try and engage further with its fan-bases.
Cristiano Ronaldo image via IG
- "Start Building New Plants Now" - Trump fires back at Apple Inc
- Step by Step Guide On How To Open A Paxful Trading Account
- What We Can Learn From Binance Ceo, "CZ" Who Bought Bitcoin At $600, Only To See It Fall To $200
- More Than 215,000 Sign Petition Against South Korean Crypto Regulation
- Ronaldo Lands Turin With Family Ahead of Juve First Training [photos]
- Turk Lost Millions of Dollars To A So Called “national” crypto, Turcoin
- Bitcoin Wallet: A Simple Approach To Understanding BTC Wallet
- Bill Gates finally said his mind about Crypto. Called it " Greater Fool Theory "
- What You Should Know About Sony's new Aibo robot Dog
- Behrain approves first Ever Crypto Exchange in the Middle East and North Africa
- How To Use Free Facebook To View Photos
- New Software, Hardware To Be Unveil At Microsoft Oct. 2 Event
- What You can do With Cryptocurrencies (1)
- NRC of Canada Has built an Ethereum Blockchain Explorer
- What is a Utility Token?
- Why Banning Crypto/Bitcoin In Zimbabwe Might Be A Wrong Call
- US SEC Postpones Bitcoin ETF Until There Is Greater Oversight
- Juventus made "$60m" of Ronaldo Jersey Sales in 24 hours
- "In 10 years Time, Bitcoin Will Be The World Only Currency"- Jack Dorsey, Twitter CEO
- Why Apple Inc. Pulled 25,000 apps from its App Store in China
- Samsung Galaxy S10 won't be a 5G Phone
- Should I upgrade from Note 8 to Samsung Note 9?
- Paxful Platform: Understanding The Paxful Exchange Platform
- Russia Drafts Bill To Regulate Cryptocurrency Trading
- How to update Your Phone to Android Pie right now
- Generous Ronaldo Tipped Greek Hotel Workers with €20,000
- Tom Lee Preach Patient As The Key in Crypto Bear Market
- My Big Coin Ruled a Commodity, CFTC Can Pursue Charges
- Free Keene Project Getting so Many Merchants to Accept Cryptocurrencies
- Bitcoin Wallets: Understanding The Different Types of Bitcoin Wallets